1970 Plymouth Fury III Convertible
Owner: Andy Posluszny
I have the window sticker and paperwork from new and I've owned the Fury since 1983. It was used as a daily driver from 1991 through 1997.
- 440 motor, mostly stock
- Automatic Temperature Control A/C
- Power Windows
- Buckets with buddy seat/arm rest
- Tilt wheel
- 2.76 rear gear
- AM mono/8track stereo
- 198,000 miles
- 16.308 in 1/4 mile through cast iron exhaust manifolds.
- Paid $500 in 1983, Richmond, TX, with 99k on odometer.
- Best time: 15.709 @ 87.25 mph 26MAR99.
- 200,000 miles on odometer (10/99).
- Sikkens paint by Richard Hanssard, Houston.
Mods from stock:
1) 3.23 SureGrip rear gear now vs. 2.76 open rear gear originally.
2) High flow exhaust manifolds now vs. log style low performance exhaust manifolds originally.
3) 2 1/2 inch exhaust pipes now vs. 2 1/4 inch exhaust pipes originally.
4) 2 1/4 inch tail pipes now vs. 2 incg tail pipes originally.
5) (Walker) Dynomax Super Hemi Turbo mufflers now vs. factory mufflers.
6) Manual A/C system now vs. ATC system from factory (ATC components labeled and stored).
7) Very tired but still daily driving original 440 was put into storage at 166,000 miles. It was replaced with a rebuilt '69 440. The engine has the original Holley carb, original intake, Competition Cams 280K kit, Erson adjustable rockers, 9.2:1 compression TRW forged pistons, and 904 heads with mild porting.
8) MP electronic ignition. Mallory coil.
9) Cop car alternator.
10) Street/Strip 727. Manual valve body was replaced by '77 part throttle kick-down valve body.
The car is not for sale!
Contact Andy at
August, 1997; revised October, 1999; January 14, 2002; September 21, 2009
Return to HMCC Home Page