Car Shows and Events Calendar
Houston Mopar Connection Club
Visit us at the regular H.M.C.C. Club monthly meeting,
unless noted otherwise below,
to be held on the second Sunday of the month.
2 PM, at
101 Heights Boulevard,
Houston, Texas 77007
Check schedule below for location, exceptions and changes.
Listings of other H.M.C.C. events will
appear as they are finalized.
May 24 - 25. Pettys Garage Third Annual Spring Fling The Memorial Day weekend event starts at Piedmont Dragway in Julian, NC on Friday, May 24, and ends with the traditional car show on Saturday, May 25, at Pettys Garage, the performance speed shop owned by Richard The King Petty.
May 25 - First Annual Car Show Magnolia Cowboy Church -- Come help support your youth of
Magnolia Cowboy Church and honor local veterans. 10AM - 4PM 23245 Glenmont Estates, Magnolia, Texas 77355
Download [3.5 mb PDF] Magnolia Cowboy Church flier.
May 25 - Coldsprings 4th Annual Merchants Car and Bike Show
May 26 - 19th Annual Peoples Choice Car Show from The Texas Gulf Coast Oldsmobile Club. An open show held at Pavillion number 6 in Bear Creek Park.
June 1 - 14th Annual MOPARS in Branson by the The Route 66 Mopar Club
Windsor Inn - 3520 W HWY 76 Branson Missouri 65616
Additional Info: Rain or Shine Registration at 9:00AM Awards at 3:00PM, $25 in advance, $30 at gate
First 75 entries will receive a t-shirt and a dash plaque, Pre-registration deadline May,6, Open to all Mopar vehicles, Trophies for Top 15 classic & Top 15 modern, Contact: Steve Brown 417-887-1280
June 1 - Classic Car and Motor Cycle Display by Epsilon Kappa Sigma Chapter. Track 21, 4815 Hwy 6, Houston. 832 212-3835 for details
June 8 - Annual Auto Extravaganza. Car Bike Show and Swap Meet held in National Oak Park, 118 S. magnolia, Alvin, TX from Brads Mufflers and Mike Dodds Motor Trends. Register 8am to noon.
June 8 - Stop the Traffick car show and food drive, beginning at 11am. This family-friendly, Open Class event will be held at Papas Icehouse (314 Pruitt Spring, TX 77380 phone (281) 364-8140) and all proceeds go directly to Mission at Serenity Ranch Besides games, volleyball, facepainting, prizes, food and live music, we will also be doing a Pimp car smash where participants over the age of 18 will have the opportunity to be granted 60 seconds of inflicting as much damage to a pimp car as possible with a choice of an 8-lb sledgehammer or a hand held hammer. Because we only allow one participant at at time, this means that they get the entire car to themselves. Proper hand, eye, ear protection will be provided. Cost for the event are: General admission for the public = Free -- Entry fee to show a car = $40 -- to participate in car smash = $20 (60 seconds and unlimited hits)
June 21 and 22 - Dallas Swap Meet, I-45 at Exit 259 S. or 260 N. Palmer, Texas (More swap meets listed below in the Texas Events)
June 29 - Texas Dream Cruise at FC Dallas Stadium along with a marked cruise route through the nearby streets of Frisco, Texas. It will showcase several thousand cars and host tens of thousands of interested spectators!
July 12, 13 and 14 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals in Pennsylvania.
July 18, 19, 20 - The National Meet of the National Chrysler Products Club, Frederick, MD. Download the initial show registration form [.PDF]
August 9, 10 and 11 -- 33rd Annual Mopar Nationals in Ohio. Tribute to Wing Cars and Gil Kirks Rod Shop!
October 19 - 31st San Antonio Mopar Clubs Show. At Ancira Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram. The theme car this year is a 1970 Roadrunner. 100% of the show profits go to the Alzheimers Association.
Download the 2013 San Antonio Mopar Show Flyer / Entry Form [.PDF]
October 25 -26 DFW Swap Meet Lone Star Park, Grand Prairie Texas, I-30 at Beltline (More swap meets listed below in the Texas Events)
October 26 - Houston Mopar Connection Clubs 6th Annual Halloween Classic Car Show. Open Show. More details coming.
November 16 - 6th annual Mopars on the Border, Archer Park, McAllen, TX. Info: david9970 @ aol.com
NOTE! Contact the sponsoring event organization beforehand to confirm that the event is still active!
- Sonic in Huffman on FM 1960 - Wednesday nights from 7:00
Fridays and Saturdays
- Hooters Cruise Nights from 6 PM to 10 PM at Hwy 249 and Hwy 1960.
- Cruzin Buddies meet at the Kroger parking lot at Woodforest and Normandy on Friday and Saturday Nights, from 7 to 10 PM
- Friday Night Cruise-In at The Princes Hamburgers, 10455 Briar Forest Drive at Beltway 8, 6 to 9 PM.
- Friday Cruise at Prince’s Hamburgers, 11460 Fuqua
at I-45 South. Phone 281.464.6611 -- usually starts sometime in April.
- Space City Cruisers Car Show, Friday Night 5 to 9 PM - in the Lowe's Home Improvement parking lot, 2741 Broadway Street, Pearland, TX 77581, near the intersection of FM 518 and Pearland Parkway New as of September 2011
- Faithbridge Church Friday Night Cruise-In, 4711 Center Street, Deer Park. 6:00 to 10:00 PM. No alcohol
- Baytown Cruisers car show every Friday night. Location: San Jacinto Mall. 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
- Huntsville Cruisers meet the second Friday of the month at the Golden Corral in Huntsville, exit 116 on I 45, turn right one block. On the 4th Friday of the month they meet at McKenzie’s BBQ located also at exit 116 on I-45, 2 blocks to the right. 6:00 PM. Shellie Geer 936.295.7052
- Vintage on Enclave, every Friday night, 5-8 pm, 1112 Eldridge Parkway, right after Enclave parkway on the west side of Eldridge in the parking lot with the Holiday Inn in the back. Vehicles that are 1980 and older; newer vehicles welcome as well (as long as they park on the outskirts of the main event).
- Friday night cruise in Pearland at Lowes at 518 and Pearland Parkway (about 1-1/2 miles west, behind the Sonic
- Saturday Night Drive - Every 2nd Saturday night of the month we get together for 3 hours of fun, food and conversation to raise money for charities across the Houston area.
- Coffee and Cars / Pearland at Pearland Town Center, corner of Hwy 288 and FM 518, behind Burger King, on the third Saturday of the month, from 8am - 10am
- Saturday cruise every Saturday night from 5-8 PM at Coachs Sports bar and grill in Katy. I-10 at Barker Cypress.
Hot Rods, Sports cars, Classics, 4 wheel drives, or projects... No charge.
- Houston Coffee and Cars - meets the first Saturday of every month. View Details
- Saturday at 'Cars and Coffee' at The Sweet Spot Audio and More at I-45 and 518 in League City, TX. 281-338-SPOT (7768) Bring your classic to the Sweet Spot between 7am and 10am on Saturday and get FREE COFFEE AND DONUTS!
- Saturday night cruise at Otto’s BBQ in Sugar Land at the Fountains. NOTE: Ottos hires their own security for their parking lot to ensure family friendly fun. See a map to Ottos BBQ
- Texas City Cruise Night, Saturdays from 5 PM until ? at Palmer Hwy. & HWY 146 between an Exxon Gas Station and an Advanced Auto Parts parking area and behind stores.
- Saturday Night Cruise in Alvin at the Home Depot at Hwy 6 and Alvin 35 By-pass
- Saturday Cruise Night Cruise In at the Chick-Fil-A Parking Lot & Home Depot’s Lot from 6PM To 10PM. in Kemah. Warning: DO NOT Park in the Target parking lot.
- Saturday Cruise at the Flying J Truck Stop and Restaurant in Brookshire, TX, I-10 & 359, 6PM -10PM. For details phone David Leyman, 281-934-4147 or Jim Meader 281-794-0314
- Blast from the Past Street Machines of Texas holds a car show every Saturday night. Location: 24 Hour Fitness Center, 1960
in Atascocita (7068 FM 1960 East Humble, TX 77346) 6:00PM to 9:00-plus PM
Classic Drive In at the Kroger in Champions Forrest
Drive and Spring Cypress Road, on Saturday from 7 to 10 PM. No shows in
winter. Check Niftee50ees Web site for dates and status.
- The Street Meet at Car Toys parking lot, behind Hooters and 59 Diner, at FM 1960 and
Hwy 249. After 6:00 on Saturday. 713-695-3508
- Woodlake Hooter’s Crusin’ Nights. Saturday from 6-10 PM
- Woodlands Car Club Cruise-In every Saturday from 7:00
to 9:00 p.m. at Classics Pizza on Research Forest Dr. near Six Pines. see the
Woodlands Car Club Web site.
- Wings and Wheels Saturday every third Saturday
at the 1940 Air Terminal Museum at William P. Hobby Airport, 8325
Travelair Rd, Houston, Texas 77061 - (713) 454-1940 Ticket price
includes Lunch, Static Aircraft Tours, Special programs in the
Starliner Theater, Museum Tours, and admission to the museum. Ticket
prices: $10 Adults, $5 Kids (12 and under). Enjoy an afternoon of
family fun and help support the 1940 Air Terminal Museum! Cars are
displayed in front of original terminal building. There is supposed to
be free lunch for car owners. Come and go. 10 AM to 6 PM.
- Classic Cars of Brazoria County Cruise - Every Third Saturday of each month
from 6pm until 9pm at the Fuddruckers/Target parking lot, 200 Block of West Hwy 332,
Lake Jackson TX 77566
- Dayton Sonic Saturday Street Meet
Sonic, 207 W Highway 90, Dayton TX 77535 - Phone 713 203 6428 to confirm the meet is happening before you head there.
- Muscle Ratz Auto Swap Meet every Saturday starting @ 1:00 pm in the Taco Bell parking lot at the 8919 Spring Cypress Road / Champions Forest Drive location in Spring, TX 77379; (the same parking lot as Niftee 50ees.) For more information and pre-registration please contact Roy (Whitey) McGuire at 832-510-7289.
Note to all HMCC members interested in attending out of town
shows; some of the club members plan road trips to these shows and
develop a convoy to them. If you are interested, please contact the
Activity Directors or mention it at the meetings. Also, due to lack of
space in the newsletter, we are not able to supply entry forms in the
newsletter to each show, but many of the entry forms (supplied by the
show host) are available at monthly club meetings.
If you know of an event of interest to the club, please notify the HMCC Vice President, Activities Directors
or the Newsletter Editor.
Other Places to go and Texas links
We hope you will join us for as many events as possible!
Last updated May 23, 2013